- Well known CT researcher who unmasks and uncovers crypto scammers. Raised over $50,000 in funding via Gitcoin (3-2023).
- From Cointelegraph (3-2023):
"In the latter half of 2022, ZachXBT tweeted about feeling worn out, questioning their future as a crypto industry detective. ZachXBT described being unsure about their days ahead, noting they also maintained separate, non-crypto full-time employment while doing all the work for the ZachXBT account."
This was followed, not long after, with Zach stopping with requests, effectively going on a semi-break.
"ZachXBT does detailed on-chain research – tracking wallets and transactions associated with hacks, phishing scams and other attacks – and shares his knowledge in Twitter threads naming and shaming bad actors. French authorities arrested five individuals allegedly behind the crime ring and gave ZachXBT a shout-out in their press release in October."
- Fluidity; advisor (9-2022).
- Polygon; part of the Protocol Council (18-10-2023).
- From The Defiant (30-12-2022):
"Zach holds down a full-time job, and estimated his crypto detective work takes between 50 and 60 additional hours per week. (He didn’t share the nature of his day job. Before responding to a list of questions, he noted he would be vague answering any that gestured toward his personal life.)"