(Redirected from CT)
- Social platform on which many of the developers and other prominent crypto people share and discus their ideas. Sadly also a place where many block each other. Aka Crypto Twitter (CT).
- As FlatOutCrypto put it (23-10-2019):
"Where else will you find a forum where leading devs combine with VCs with millions at their disposal to discuss all the concepts you likely won’t understand anyway? Who is on there?
In fairness, most people you should want to listen to. You just have to very selective in discovering who the right people are to follow. Follow liberally but unfollow, mute and block even more liberally. And most importantly, listen to the sceptics, the consistently honest, and those who call out bad practices. These are the most valuable people around."
- Jack Dorsey has hinted that Twitter will integrate the Bitcoin Lightning Network (11-6-2021).
- From Week in Ethereum (3-7-2021):
"Twitter creates 140 NFTs, 7 designs with 20 each, as an ERC1155 on Ethereum using Rarible."
Team, Funding, Partners
- Elon Musk; bought the company for $44B (10-2022) after 5 months of discussions.
- Parag Agrawal; ex-CEO, got fired along thousands of others during the Musk takeover.
- Jack Dorsey; ex-CEO (29-11-2021) & Co-founder
- Biz Stone; co-founder
- Solana claims on its website that some of its team members come from here (15-10-2020).
- Tess Rinearson; leads the Crypto team (2022), Tess joined Tendermint in 2019 as VP of Engineering. She left Tendermint in 2020. She later worked as VP of Engineering at Interchain Foundation.
- Got mentioned as one of the creditors of FTX (26-1-2023).
- 'Executives from Twitter' are backing IDEO Labs Ventures (27-10-2020).
- Bought the first big company project of Matt Huang (18-10-2020).
- Andreessen Horowitz; "we are joining Elon Musk’s bid for Twitter and investing $400MM into the company." (5-5-2022).
- From CoinDesk (5-5-2022):
"Binance committed $500 million and VC Sequoia Capital committed $800 million to finance @elonmusk's takeover of @Twitter. Around $7.1 billion has been committed by 19 different parties for the takeover, according to a filing."