"Another hardcore hodler's wallet, with no user-side movement since Oct. 2021 Diamond handed dudes!"
- Diamond handed their two biggest bets, DoorDash and Unify (non crypto) in 2021 and lost out on ~18B in profit when the stock markets started to crash in 2022. Sequoia plans to hold (21-6-2022).
- From The Block (17-2-2022):
"Sequoia Capital will bet on tokens through its new crypto fund worth $500-600 million. The VC firm will also actively manage tokens, from staking them to providing liquidity to participating in governance."
"Known for investing in companies from Apple and Google to WhatsApp and Stripe."
- Bitclout; it's founder has mentioned this fund as an investor (23-3-2021).
- Espresso Systems; is mentioned on their website as an investor, while the project has no tokens out yet (25-10-2022).
- FTX; participated as one of the 69 investors in the $420M round (22-10-2021). They marked down their investment to 0 after the FTX collapse (11-2022). The size turned out to be $150M. Got updated to $210M (10-12-2022). They were also listed as one of the creditors of FTX (26-1-2023).
- Huobi; invested in their second funding round in 2014.
- LayerZero; part of the Series A of $135 million (31-3-2022).
- Nervos Network. Invested in Nervos Network (22-1-2020).
- Neutral Dollar. Supports The Neutral Dollar.
- Paradigm. Invested in Matt Huang's Paradigm (18-10-2020).
- StarkWare; according to DeFi Weekly (9-3-2021). Again part of a $75M raise (24-3-2021). Took part in the Series C raise of $50m (17-11-2021).
- Twitter; committed $800M to finance Elon Musk's takeover (5-5-2022).
- Matt Huang; former Sequoia Capital partner
- Neil Shen; managing partner at Sequoia China
- Member of Open DeFi (2-9-2020).
- Is mentioned as a partner on Ontology's website (2-11-2020).
- Mentioned (13-7-2021) as part of the Investor Network of Asia DeFi Network (ADN).