- DeFi assets
- "Digital securities. Equity | Funds | Fixed Income | Real Estate"
- Can be used (2-2020) to launch a security token on Tezos.
- From the CoinDesk 50:
"The idea that anything from real estate to executive salaries can be tokenized will open up the future of investing and crowd-ownership. While there’s a lot of hype around security tokens, with still a lot to show, Securitize is paving the way for this industry to get off the ground. Leveraging a network of partners and providers, including Coinbase Custody, BitGo and OpenFinance, among others, Securitize has found a compliant way to create these novel digital assets and trade them on the secondary market. To date, the firm has issued 13 security tokens worth approximately $300 million for clients including SPiCE VC, Blockchain Capital, 22x, and Lottery.com.
"The single most salient development here came with Ava Labs’ announcement that it will collaborate with Aave, GoldenTree Asset Management, Wintermute, Jump Crypto, Valkyrie, and Securitize to build a permissioned subnet with native KYC functionality.
Team, Funding, etc.
- Part of the portfolio of 8 Decimal Capital
- As of 9-2019: Coinbase, Paxos, BitGo, Circle, Nexo (who is also partners with BitGo)
- "Securitize, a platform delivering trusted global solutions for compliant digital securities, has partnered with Algorand to support Securitize’s DS Protocol on the recently launched Algorand blockchain. Securitize’s platform-agnostic DS Protocol will now support Algorand, giving issuers using Securitize an additional high-performance platform option for issuing, trading, and performing corporate actions using digital securities." (10-9-2019)
- Avalanche; From the announcement (9-12-2020): "The industry-leading primary issuance and compliance platform for digital securities (security tokens) and SEC-registered transfer agent, has integrated with Avalanche to significantly upgrade the time and cost savings for blockchain-based financial services offerings for their customers."