- One of the biggest Chinese exchanges, Beijing-based (number 4 in the world by 24h volume, 7-2017)
- A platform for spot trading between fiat and digital assets.
- Used to be only for BTC, since 4-2017 also ETH & LTC
- Fees are 0.2%
"OKEx has become a world-leading trading floor since its launch in 2017. The platform launched in the spring of 2017 and emerged as an offshoot from the original OKCoin platform (operating since 2013 in China). OKCoin now focuses on exchanging fiat for crypto, while OKEx focuses on crypto trading with a built-in API for algorithmic trading."
- Star, Xu; ceo
- Changpeng Zhao; also worked at OKCoin as chief technology officer for less than a year
- Gave a grant (8-12-2020) to Amiti Uttarwar.