Certora is a security firm whose formal verification technology is designed to help developers detect and prevent security vulnerabilities before code is deployed.
- Started in / Announced on:
- Mainnet release:
- Based in:
- A smart-contract security consultancy that specializes in formal verification.
- From an interview with Stani, who is an investor:
"“It’s kind of a traditional business model,” Kulechov said. Certora stands out in the crypto space because it’s a bunch of security researchers who simply provide a service in exchange for payment, without a token or DAO in sight."
Their Other Projects
- Can be found [Insert link here].
- Bug bounty program can be found [insert here].
- From a blog of one of their partners (2-10-2022):
"Certora’s Prover tool is meant to complement/assist manual audits and has been used by industry-leading companies (Aave, Balancer, Benqi, Compound, MakerDAO, OpenZeppelin, Sushi and more) to prevent more than 100 safety-critical bugs including 20 solvency bugs. Certora received an Aave grant for Continuous Formal Verification."
- Opyn; did formal verification.
- Synthetix; Certora found (12-2019) a reentrancy bug, which has been fixed.
Pros and Cons
Team, Funding, Partnerships, etc.
- Full team can be found [here].
Knowledge empowers us all and will help us get closer to the decentralised world we all want to live in!
Making these free wiki pages is fun but takes a lot of effort and time.
If you have enjoyed reading, tips are appreciated :) This will help us to keep expanding this archive of information.
Also check out CoinTr.ee for more content.