- Animoca Brands will aim to raise $1 billion for its metaverse investing fund in the early part of 2023, softening previous ambitions to raise as much as $2 billion.
- Has a portfolio of over 380 Web3 projects like Axie Infinity, The Sandbox, OpenSea and Dapper Labs (5-12-2022).
- Shima Capital; they got some of their seed money for their first $200M fund from here (17-8-2022).
Team, Funding and Partners
- Yat Siu; co-founder and executive chairman
- The firm has continued to grow, raising its valuation to $5.9 billion during 2022.
- From Decrypt (12-11-2020):
Atari has also partnered with Animoca Brands, a major player in crypto games thanks to titles like The Sandbox and F1 Delta Time, to develop blockchain-powered versions of classic Atari games like Asteroids and Centipede. These games will be playable on the VCS."