Braavos is a smart contract-based self-custodial wallet built on Starknet that utilizes account abstraction.
- Based in: Tel Aviv
- Started in / Announced on: early 2022
- Testnet release:
- Mainnet release:
Audits & Exploits
- Bug bounty program can be found [insert here].
- Whitepaper or docs can be found [insert here].
- Code can be viewed [insert here]. From this blog (24-2-2023): "Recently they’ve announced that the contracts of their wallet accounts are now open source."
- Built on StarkNet (31-10-2022).
How it works
"Available as a web browser and mobile app for iOS and Android devices, Braavos combines the traditional asset storage and transfer options of a self-custody wallet with a built-in crypto exchange, access to decentralized applications and a Transaction Explainer that can help new crypto traders understand and review transactions."
Their Other Projects
- Can be found [Insert link here].
- From this blog (24-2-2023):
"Besides wallets, they’re also planning to offer services like staking, borrowing, and lending. Braavos will also support account segmentation to separate between long-term (high amount) savings and everyday (low amount) spending via supporting withdrawal limits and withdrawal time delay."
Projects that use or built on it
Pros and Cons
Team, Funding and Partners
- Full team can be found [here].
- Motty Lavie; CEO
- Abraham Makovetsky and Yoav Gaziel other 2 co-founders
"Raised a $10 million in a funding round led by crypto-focused investment giant Pantera Capital. Other investors included Road Capital, BH Digital, DCVC, Crypto.com, Matrixport, and StarkNet creator Starkware."
Knowledge empowers all and will help us get closer to the decentralized world we all want to live in!
Making these free wiki pages is fun but takes a lot of effort and time.
If you have enjoyed reading, tips are appreciated :) This will help us to keep expanding this archive of information.